Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vaseline Girl

I was browsing through my pictures on my computer, which I haven't printed or done anything with since taking them, and I found this AMAZING picture of my baby. Isn't she just beautiful??? I remember this day very clear...as if it were yesterday. It was a Sunday morning, you know, the one where everything is going right, no one is fussing about Church and mom is almost ready thinking..."Wow...I might actually get to eat something for breakfast this morning." Well...that thought ran through my head for about 10 seconds before Grayci walked into my bathroom with a huge grin saying "fun mommy, fun mommy".

She had pulled the Vaseline off the bathroom counter (why it was there in the first place, no one knows) and hid in her favorite hiding spot (behind the rocking chair in our loft) and proceeded to lube herself with Vaseline. Yes...we still made it to Church, thanks to the proddings of my husband. She did have amazing hair that day. Amazingly enough, she had no loose strands. Each piece of hair stayed in her pony all day long and the next day and the next day. Yes...it took me 3 days to get this out. If you ever have a beautiful daughter who decides to have "FUN" with Vaseline... Here's the trick to get it out. Take a handful of OLIVE OIL and rub it in her hair really well. You may want to do this 2 times to make sure it's coated well. This is very important. I didn't do OLIVE OIL the first time, just thought DAWN dish soap would get it out, because it takes grease out of your way. No! YOU HAVE TO USE OLIVE OIL FIRST. Next, take the DAWN dish soap and wash her hair as you would with Shampoo. Make sure this all comes out. Finally, shampoo her hair really well with your favorite shampoo and conditioner. She'll have the moistest hair in Arizona, that's for sure!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Please tell me you weren't this calm about this situation when it happened. That would make me feel like a terrible person because I would have been LIVID! I guess we have to go back and laugh about these things though. She does look absolutely adorable though and very proud of herself!

April said...

Believe me...I was not happy...I almost cried...but got the camera out and snapped away. She doesn't like to have her hair washed so you can only imagine.

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri said...

wow what a mess! I knew a friend whos kid brushed with Desitin thinking it was toothpaste! yikes.well if madi's hair gets crazy maybe I'll try this new trick.... cute blog :)

Slovebunny said...

OMG your poor messy girl!

Jaime said...

Yesss!! I'm so glad you finally got your Blog up !!
You know I remember this Sunday when you told me about your fun morning with the vaseline!! I'm glad you made a post out of it, too cute!! I just love little Grayci!!

Anonymous said...

April, your blog looks great and you picked a great topic for your first real post:)! It's moments like those when you look at your beautiful kids and say "It's a good thing you're cute!"

Jesika said...

Welcome to the blog world!!

Sweet Grayci! Ya gotta love her! And, thanks for the helpful tips of getting it out! :o)

Amie said...

oh my gosh, that's so cute!